About Department Facebook Link
Established in the year 1997, Chemical Engineering Department is one of the oldest department of the institute. The department has 12 well qualified faculty members and 03 supporting staff led by Head of Department Prof. Mukesh B. Dhangar. The department has total well equipped laboratories which satisfy all the requirements of the new curricula proposed by GTU. With the help of state of art laboratories, the practice oriented learning is imparted to the students. The departmental library helps the students in having ready references. Industrial visits & Expert speeches are the regular features of the department. Since the inception of Gujarat Technological University in 2008, till date 05 students of the Chemical EngineeringDepartment have secured University Gold Medal for Chemical Branch. The Department has organized various state level and national level conferences, seminars, workshops, webinars, STTPs, FDPs, etc. Department has achieved noteworthy placement of pass out students in over 50 industries through campus interviews.Chemical Engineering Department is recognized as Schedule I Environmental auditor by Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB), Gandhinagar. Till date more than 200 projects have been taken over by the audit cell which includes various industries of private, multinational & government sector.
To attain national recognition in training students to meet the challenging needs of chemical & allied industries and society.
- To provide high quality education in tune with changing requirements of industry.
- To provide knowledge and to develop skills in areas of chemical and allied fields.
- To foster industry-academia relationship for mutual benefit and growth.
- To prepare competent engineers with leadership qualities.
- To train students as a Professional Chemical Engineers by providing high quality education and training.
- Basic and Discipline specific knowledge:Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment:Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- Project Management:Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Knowledge Sharing: To prepare students for the challenging professional world in the area of chemical engineering by providing fundamental engineering knowledge.
- Application of Knowledge:To deliver fundamentals of science, engineering and technology required to analyse and solve chemical engineering problems.
- Career Advancement:To get job as a professional to pursue higher studies in chemical & allied sectors.
- Ethical & Professional Skills:To inculcate ethical thinking, professional attitude, effective communication skills, supervisory skill and team work in students to become a successful professional.
- Life Long Learning: To Pursue continue life-long learning through professional practice, further graduate education or other training programs in engineering science or other professional fields.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Understand and apply basic concepts of Chemical Engineering necessary for working in industry or in engineering practices as well as higher study.
- Apply the fundamental knowledge of Chemical Engineering to solve technical problems using engineering equations and principles.
- Explore the knowledge of Chemical Engineering in core & multi-disciplinary areas through team work in challenging environment.
For Student / Parents
Bardoli – Navsari Road,
At: Isroli (Tajpore ) PO : Afwa
Tal : Bardoli – 394620
State : Gujarat